Monday, December 20, 2010

Wonders Of the Web (WOW) – Final Project for Teaching With Technology @ Mount Saint Mary College – Displayed What We Learned.

Before everyone goes their separate ways for the holiday, I wanted touch base with my classmates and let you know that I have enjoyed learning from all of you. I learned by listening to your comments and ideas from our class meetings, looking at your posted works or blogs, but most of all I found all your presentations on Monday to possess passion. Everyone was passionate about their subject matter, which made it quite enjoyable.



1. Sheldon - I apologize because I missed a lot of your presentation in trying to get onto WebEx. Luckily I was on the phone with Michelle and I heard what she was hearing. I was also lucky enough to view it while you were rehearsed it during our final group meeting. You did a fantastic job. I love the fact that you added photos of Spain and family members in your presentation. It allows the viewer the opportunity to imagine what he/she could do with the tools that you had chosen to present (i.e., Piknik). I would also like to add that I sincerely enjoyed working with you this semester on all our group projects. I learned a great deal from you. Be well and stay in touch please.

2. Jeff – I have seen the link for Jog the Web, but I never did explore the use of it. When I use firefox I can bookmark items. I like the concept of bookmarking sites. You are always very organized. I was a pleasure to learn from you classmate. Be well.



3. Tina – I sincerely enjoyed your presentation. I can tell that you put in a lot of time and effort. I was so upset when your power went out. You had me captivated. I agree with you. Many students need the visual to go along with what you are saying to them. Creating videos is something that I am very interested in doing both for educational purposes and for personal purposes as well. Creating family memories is very important to me. Therefore, I will go back and review your presentation again over the break because creating videos is something that I want to work on in the near future.


4. Kiarra – I love your enthusiasm for the subject matter that you teach. We saw it earlier in the semester when we all completed a project on “Constructivism.” I’m sure you are going to make a fantastic teacher. You are right, the student always love playing jeopardy. Good luck and be well.



5. Kristen – You did a great job even though you had a student at the house with you and you were rushing through your presentation. If I would have known that you were going to have a student come, I would have let you go before me. I am studying special education. Therefore, I am always looking out for helpful tools that I can use. I think I will play with PicLits over the break and perhaps create a lesson using this site. Thank you and be well.


6. Michelle – You did a fantastic job, as usual. I loved the way you used prezi for presenting you project. You had turned me onto Glogster during the course of the semester. You had already sold me on the idea of incorporating Gloster or Snapshot into the classroom via projects or even my own use. Thank you for being a fantastic group member and mentor. Be well and stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment